Thursday 17 September 2009

Deptford X is coming

I've been noticing a few odd sights appearing recently around Deptford: people are getting ready for Deptford X. This slice of yellow appeared over the last couple of days in Creekside. I wouldn't advise parking on it though.





And along the ha'penny hatch I noticed this yesterday. I'd never actually really thought about how all those plants have names, though I do remember loving the sound of ''rose bay willow herb'' when I was on a primary school nature study trip back in the 60s. This would be a Creekside Centre-led project - there's a man in there who can tell a dragon-tailed spindlewort from and old maiden's tooth. Nice to have some educational graffiti....






And there's a strange vehicle recently appeared in the grounds of the Steven Laurence centre in Brookmill Road. It's in honour of Ken Saro-Wiwa. I don't know for sure that it's actually linked to Deptford X but it certainly seems to have arrived at the same time.


No comments: