Sunday 25 July 2010

Cavendish's cussed kissing culminates on the Champs...

You have to feel a little sorry for the podium girls.  Cavendish finishes off first in the final sprint on the Champs-Élysées and the podium girls have obviously done a little bit of research.  ''T'inquiètes pas, l'Anglais, il en fait trois...''   But a fat lot of good that did them!  Having established a bises times threes precedent in previous victories, up he goes and with the Arc de Triomphe in the background and the end of one of France's biggest showcases and cycling's most epic race, the world looks on as she goes....

''Un, deux...QUOI?''

And there she is stranded, still offering her right cheek while Cavendish has already moved on...  And don't ask me what he's doing to that trophy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Marmoset said...

Anon, your post intrigues me. I'm guessing you're francophone - but I'd love to know what your college assignment was. En français ou en anglais...ça m'est égal.